Amlodipine and Atenolol Tablet Overview
Amlodipine and Atenolol is a drug that comes under the brand name Amlocise-AT. This is a very effective drug that can used to treat Hypertension and high blood Pressure. It works by blocking the calcium channels and relaxing the blood vessels. It also works on the heart and slows down the heart rate. It makes the heart relax and can help to pump blood more easily.
How to use Amlodipine and Atenolol Tablet
- Consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice and medication.
- Take the medication as prescribed, following the recommended dosage and frequency.
- Be consistent by taking the medication at the same time each day.
- Do not skip doses or stop taking the medication without consulting your healthcare professional.
- Be aware of potential side effects and inform your healthcare professional if you experience any.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly and share the readings with your healthcare professional.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by managing stress, improving diet, engaging in physical activity, and avoiding tobacco and excessive alcohol consumption.
Benefits of Amlodipine and Atenolol Tablet
- Amlodipine and Atenolol tablets are specifically designed to lower blood pressure levels. They work by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, reducing the resistance to blood flow, and ultimately decreasing blood pressure.
- By effectively lowering blood pressure, hypertension tablets can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
- High blood pressure can cause damage to various organs, including the heart, kidneys, brain, and blood vessels. Hypertension tablets help in preventing or minimizing this organ damage by maintaining blood pressure within a healthy range.
- By effectively managing blood pressure, hypertension tablets can improve overall well-being and quality of life. They can help alleviate symptoms associated with high blood pressure, such as headaches, dizziness, and fatigue.
Side effects of Amlodipine and Atenolol Tablet
- Ankle swelling
- Oedema (swelling)
- Cold extremities
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck, and trunk)
- Slow heart rate
Precautions and warning
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to atenolol or any other allergies.
- Inactive Ingredients: Atenolol may contain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Consult your pharmacist for more details.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially if you have certain types of heart rhythm problems, breathing problems, blood circulation problems, kidney disease, heart failure, serious allergic reactions, or muscle disease (myasthenia gravis).
- Atenolol may cause dizziness. Avoid driving, using machinery, or engaging in activities that require alertness until you can do so safely. Limit alcohol consumption. Discuss marijuana (cannabis) use with your doctor.
- Inform your doctor or dentist about all the products you use before undergoing surgery.
- Atenolol may prevent the usual symptoms of low blood sugar. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly if you have diabetes. Inform your doctor if you experience symptoms of high blood sugar. Adjustments to medication, exercise, or diet may be necessary.
- Inform your doctor If you experience any of side effects.